Care given to correct foundation and installation will greatly benefit the lifespan of the tank and your ongoing satisfaction of our product
Care given to correct foundation and installation will greatly benefit the lifespan of the tank and your ongoing satisfaction of our product. Incorrect site preparation or installation may void your warranty.
A flat, solid and level site is required for placement of your tank. A compacted foundation can be made using crusher dust, river sand or concrete.
We recommend that the foundation extend at least 1 metre beyond the base of the tank. For our 25K L or 30K L tanks, we recommend a 4m x 4m pad slab. For our 10K L, we recommend 3m x 3m.
Keep in mind that the foundation needs to be able to support the weight of the tank when full.
When choosing where to place your tank, consider the following:
- It needs to be a firm and level area, able to withstand erosion by wind and rain
- The site should be free from any sharp objects or protrusions that may damage the base of the tank (ie. rocks, roots or foreign objects)
- Terracorp tanks are only designed for above-ground installation and therefore must not be fully or partially buried (unless purchasing a septic tank)
- Do not install water tanks over buried pipes, cables or any other utility connections which may require servicing or maintenance
- Do not install water tanks over underground structures such as cellars, septic tanks, sewage canals, etc
- Be aware of tank height and sufficient clearance under awnings or roof
- Do not place the tank higher than the gutter
- Do not install water tanks where they could pose a potential hazard to life or property
- The overflow should be piped away from the foundation to avoid erosion (see Installation Guide).
For more detailed information and guidelines, please see our Installation Guide.